I work with athletes of all ages and ability levels to improve their performance, attitudes and behaviors both on and off the courts and playing fields.
I provide mental and emotional skills training, stress management and personalized counseling.
For parents and coaches, I can assist in helping you understand the athlete’s needs and provide guidance in helping you to help them succeed.
PEAK PERFORMANCE TRAINING
- Assessing mental and emotional strengths and weaknesses
- Managing anger and anxiety
- Goal setting
- Managing mistakes
- Coping with loss/injuries
- Communication/player coach relationships
- Pre-game rituals
- Developing a positive mental image
- Effective self-talk
- Building emotional muscle
- Time and stress management skills
- Balancing personal and professional demands
- Preventing burnout
- Career changes and transitions
- Short-term, focused problem solving consulting
- Second opinions
- Brief evaluation and referrals
PHONE COUNSELING -VIDEO SESSIONS AVAILABLE THROUGH SKYPE
Quick advice and answers for uncomplicated problems and issues.
Customized educational and clinical programs on a variety of topics designed to inform, educate and train.
TREATMENT METHODS AND APPROACHES:
1.Personal Counseling. An individualized approach to identifying and managing life stressors that often impact the persons ability to perform at their best.
2. Hypnosis: A safe and sometimes rapid method to change and improve habits, attitudes and behaviors. Combines deep relaxation with guided suggestions and imagery. Hypnosis can be used as a separate approach or in conjunction with other treatment strategies.
3. Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behavioral Therapies: Based on the approaches developed by Dr. Albert Ellis (REBT) and Dr. Aaron Beck (CBT), this powerful methodology helps individuals recognize and change thoughts, attitudes and beliefs to improve mood and behavior.